Saturday, May 24, 2014

Walking as meditatation

This is the first post on my new blog. I will add more information to it as I go. I've just begun. I would like to connect with others who are living with chronic illness and chronic pain. I don't want it to be a venue for complaints rather I'd like it to be a place to hear from others and to hear about what works. A place to share our journeys.
I will add more information to my profile about my illnesses later.

One of my favourite quotes is by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Live in the sunshine
Swim in the sea
Drink the wild air

The little poem has always appealed to me but is even more important now that I live with chronic illnesses and chronic pain. There are nights when I can't sleep, I'm so restless, with itching and burning. When that happens, like it did last night, I get up, make a Tazo Calm tea and read for a bit. I feel pretty bad in the morning but I know the best cure for it is to get my body outside and moving.
Today, I walked to the mall and back via my favourite trail.
I always pass this abandoned bird's next and check to see if it's still there.

The birds have never returned but I continue to watch and admire it each time I pass by.
I need to breathe the wild air, to be in this place, to feel at peace. The moment is all that's important. It is the best way for me to deal with pain, particularly the nagging neuropathic pain that I've been living with of late.
Doesn't this beautiful nest awe you? I am amazed a the symmetry, artistry and beauty of it! It brings me joy! That has to be one of the best remedies for neuropathic discomfort or pain of any sort.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely first post on this new blog Holly - I for one am another coping with a few chronic illnesses and connecting with others on the lines you suggest above is great!

    ReplyDelete