Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Intense itching , another Bowen treatment

I was so hopeful that the neuropathy was under control but it returned with a vengeance a couple of days ago. It always gets worse in the evenings. I've had to resort to Tylenol and Benadryl again in addition to all my other meds. Yoga was not helping. So I called and went for another Bowen treatment yesterday. I was told that sometimes symptoms are worse before they get better and they sure were last night.
The technique involves such a light touch that one wonders if it can work. When I was touched in certain areas though along the spine and the neck, it actually sent shivers up into my head.
Today is another day so we shall see. This morning I went to yoga and then came home for my walk. I'm often admonished for walking the trail alone but if I didn't I would be relegated to the streets of the sub division and would miss out on such beauty.

There is something spiritual about inhaling the sunlit , softly scented air in the woods. I need it so.
Walking the woods also holds my attention as there is always something new and fascinating to see. Yesterday while reading some blogs, I came across this quote :

"Do not try to do extraordinary things, but do ordinary things with intensity".

In other words be fully in the moment. Slowing my mind and 'paying attention' is difficult for me. Strolling the trail, camera in hand is one way for me to do it. There is something new to see every time I go out.
I wonder how many different species are growing in this little microcosm beside the rotting tree.

2 comments:

  1. I believe I suffered with this type neuropathy about 11 yrs. ago...it was terrible. I took medications for a good while and when I tapered off it hasn't returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woods look so peaceful!! I could handle a walk along those trails, very relaxing. What a tremendous quote you have there, perhaps we should all follow this one.

    ReplyDelete