Saturday, July 12, 2014

Walking the sandbars and my collections

For the moment everything is in balance. I'm staying on all the medications, even though I don't like it, and all is good.
This morning, I took a little drive out to the Beresford market, feeling very summery, almost touristy. I donned my straw sun hat, shorts, and a cool cotton blouse, gathered up a basket and off I went. I used to have a rule that I would only wear shorts around the yard, or on vacation. I've gotten over that!
I bought a Frech country bread with cranberries, a quart of fresh local strawberries, and garlic greens which I'd not seen before.

I'm told to cook with them and add them to stir fries.
Since my mother in law is just around the corner at the beach, I popped in for a visit. I was lucky that it was low tide. We went for a little walk on the sandbars and waded through the warm pools. Of course I left my phone/ camera in the cottage.
I did bring a few treasures home to use as subjects in my sketches. I laid down a first wash of color and left it for now as even though the air conditioner is on, I'm sweating. Going to take a break.

These simple little indulgent pleasures keep me happy and serene, making me forget anything else.
An email from my son to tell me about a tree purchase they just made for their new home and a picture on Facebook of my daughter doing what she loves made me happy. Better than any medication.

She did a 'Color run'.

No comments:

Post a Comment